Blog Archive

Translate

Monday, March 13, 2017

Dear Men....(yes I'm going there....)

Dear Men,

So here's the thing....I need to vent. Because after so much time has past (is 3 years a long time? I think so) I FINALLY had a man actually ask ME out. For those of you who don't know me well, this is a big deal to me. I've been single for 3 years and have barely dated since.
After years of being the one to initiate conversations and being that girl not afraid of showing her interest in someone, someone actually showed interest in me---without me putting the idea in their head first! (LOL)
Let me rephrase this a little.....a man who I actually decided I wanted to get to know. I mean, it took him a week to get me to agree to out with him. He called me beautiful when we went out on a date. We talked. A LOT. I enjoyed his company. I thought he enjoyed mine; after all our date ended around 5am. (No, I did not have sex with him...sheesh. Pervs.)

Anyway, our conversations led me to believe that I would see him again. He claimed he had a crush on me for the last 17 years.... "I'm here with my crush...I'm in heaven!" (yeah I know....I fell for it. I'm such a girl.)

Moral of the story:
HEY GUYS....IF YOU'RE NOT OVER YOUR EX, DO NOT.....
......call another girl beautiful to her face
......speak as if it's the start of something if you don't have intentions of seeing her again
......call her sweetie, gorgeous, sweetheart
......tell her that you are different from any man that's ever done her wrong ("I'm not your ex; I'm a good man and I can prove it")
......tell her that you will treat her better than any man ever has or ever will
......tell her that she's "scared of you" and you're "not the sissy in this relationship"
.....hang out with your ex girlfriend the next night and not expect her to ask you about it
.....back up and say that you told her you weren't looking for a relationship
....that you have "things to work out" in your life and you don't want to be with anyone
.......then get back with your ex after saying "I'm 100% done with her.")

Yeah, so.....long story short: He got back with his ex. Said he didn't say some of the things he said. (That's okay...I still have the messages) Then he and his ex broke up again.

I think they are about to get back together again....or he's about to mess with someone else's head. I honestly don't know. I unfriended him and unfollowed him. Which sucks, because I really do like him. Even after all that has happened. I wasn't done getting to know him.

...umm, really?

Guys, if you don't know what you want, do NOT involve another person. Do NOT mess with someone's mind and emotions just because you're lonely OR you want to make your ex jealous.
....do NOT claim to have a crush and then treat her this way....that's not a crush, hun....that's a passing flirtation.

DO NOT TAKE A GIRL OUT, TELL HER SHE'S BEAUTIFUL, TALK TO HER ALL NIGHT, MAKE HER FEEL SPECIAL......DON'T give her hope and then take it all away....
.........and then try to say you meant every word.

She won't believe you.

I've been told you are a great guy. A sweetheart. Nice, kind....all those things that I like. Although I saw those qualities on our date, I did not see them afterwards.
You don't want me to see you in a negative light. You didn't mean to hurt me or lead me on. Yeah, ok. Things changed and you saw a chance to get back with your ex. I was in the wrong place, wrong time and I got caught in your crossfire....

I may not have reacted in the best way possible to this whole situation, but you did say we'd be friends. Well, friends don't ignore messages.
Unfriend. Unfollow.
So that's that. One date and I can't get this guy out of my head. WTF?
Yes, I am still stupid...still trying to believe that there is someone special out there meant for only me.
That's my delusion and I'll hang on to it until I die. Even if I die alone.

Done venting now.
It's whatever.
I wish him well.

.......I'll go back to being a hermit now.

Until next time, folks.

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment