Blog Archive

Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016....Hello 2017!

So, I'm sitting here at 11:22pm with a glass of blackberry merlot. Reflecting. Remembering the year. The ups and downs as there have been many.

I would like to focus on the positives. The beginning of 2016 I felt like a fat cow. So, I decided to do something about it. I've been working out and started actually going to the gym in August. I've only lost 20 pounds and then gained some weight back in muscle because, that's what happens when you do strength training and lift weights. *wink* Still going strong and this next year, I'm gonna keep it going.

My son had a battle with mono this year....so glad that is over. It took them months to actually figure out what was wrong with him. He got suspended from school, almost expelled. Finished the year at ECOT after I laid the smackdown on the superintendent (verbally of course and with a lawyer present) Now he's in laurel oaks and much happier. He loves it there.

Both my boys have their driver's permits now. *sigh* I'm getting old.

Love life this year....disappointing, yet there were a few positives. My life has been better having known certain people. Being close to certain people. I will cherish that always. Still one I can't get outta my mind, but you'll have that with the truly special people. *wink* You know who you are. We could have been something special, but alas, it was not meant to be. Glad he and I still friends.

Job is going well. Busier and busier. Opportunities all over the place. Change is not always bad. Hopeful for a new start to the new year.

This summer I finally moved into a home that I love.

In October, I did some "modeling". Yes, I put that in quotes because I am nowhere NEAR a professional model....hahaha, it was a great experience and I want to do it again.

No New Year's resolutions for me. Just hope.

Hope for new opportunities.
Hope for new beginnings.
Hope for health.
Hope for happiness.
Hope for positivity.
.....but most of all,  hope for love. I know it will happen someday. I have way too much love in my heart and too much to offer someone special to give up now. Besides, I'm about to turn 40 in a few months. *sigh*


May the New Year bring all that and more to all y'all.

10 minutes left.

Goodbye, 2016......Hello, 2017!!!

Love ya'll <3











No comments:

Post a Comment