Blog Archive

Translate

Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Road So Far (Yes, that's a #Supernatural reference....)

HELLO, INTERNET!!!!

Another journey update! 

I started this is February. I wish I had taken better "before" pics then, but I was ashamed of how I looked. I was depressed and had NO motivation to do anything. Depression has kicked my booty on more than one occasion and trust me, I blame most of my weight issues on that alone. I didn't care. I didn't want to move and I ate my emotions. I'm gonna be honest and for the first time publicly I will share the actual numbers. 

Starting weight: 202 lbs. That was my wakeup call to get off my butt!! I'm only 5'2", y'all....

The first pic below, I had already lost around 7 pounds. Second pic, 12 pounds, 3rd 22 pounds....last one is funny because although I lost inches, I am actually UP 7.5 pounds. Frustrating, however, we all know that muscle weighs more than fat. I'm focusing on the physical changes and not the actual numbers on the scale, which at this time is 187.5 pounds. 

I stopped drinking Mt. Dew February 8th (have not had it since!) I started drinking diet pepsi and diet dr. pepper. About 3 weeks ago, I stopped drinking pop/soda altogether. I'll be honest, though. I have had 2 twenty two ounce fountain drinks (diet pepsi), 1 thirty two ounce fountain drink (diet pepsi) and 1 twenty ounce bottle of diet dr pepper. This has been spread out. Just an indulgence every now and then, but most of the time it's water. Sometimes I'll have milk or tea and after my workouts, I'll have a muscle milk (chocolate, of course) 

I go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Upper body on Tuesdays, Lower body on Thursdays, and Full body (cardio) on Fridays. Those are classes I take....and they are only ONE HOUR LONG. On the days I'm not at the gym, I do some light stuff at home, just to keep my body used to it. I do take at least one day off each week, sometimes two. 

I'm not on any fancy fad diet. The only thing I've changed in regards to my diet is the elimination of Mt. Dew, the drastic reduction in pop/soda, and sometimes, instead of having pizza, I'll have a salad....and that's not really as often as it should be. I'll focus more on my diet in the weeks to come, but for now, I'm focusing on maintaining my activity levels. 

I'll be the first to tell you when I started this, I was lazy. I even slacked off in May, June, and July. I'd have more progress if I hadn't. From February until the middle of May, I was only on my recumbent bike about a half hour a day, sometimes a full hour.  I didn't start going to the gym regularly until August 16th....that's right.....5 weeks!! 1 HOUR, 3 times a week for the last 5 weeks.

My point is, this CAN be done if you have the willpower and determination to STICK WITH IT! You don't need all that fancy expensive fads to do this. Good old fashioned exercise will do it! Combined, of course, with eating better and portion control. 

IF I CAN DO THIS, ANYONE CAN!!!

Also, it helps to have people cheering you on. I love and appreciate every single person who has encouraged me so far. I've still got a long way to go and I'm not stopping ever!

#CRYFATCRY #AKF #NEVERGIVEUP #IAMENOUGH 

Until next time.....loves y'all <3


No comments:

Post a Comment