Blog Archive

Translate

Monday, August 29, 2016

Motivation, Inspiration.....and why we do the things we do.


So, I posted the following as a Facebook status the other day (pretty straight forward, I think. However, I have more to say on the matter....read on....) : 


Ya'll are funny.....I'm gonna say this ONE more time so it's not brought up again, ok? This fitness "kick" is NOT because of a man. If you know me, you know that I've been working out off and on for years....(just kinda more off than on the last couple of years lol) When I stop, it's usually because depression is kicking my ass again and I just don't care. When I start again, it's not because a cute guy is talking to me or I've developed a new crush. I'm doing this for ME and my kids and my family who wants me to stick around awhile, ya know? I'm healthy, but I want to make sure I STAY healthy and get stronger. I have gotten my biometric screening every year for the last 3 years. I've had my FitBit for the last 2 years. So, don't think for one second I'm doing this "all of a sudden" to get some man's attention, ok? If I don't have it now, when I'm not exactly a sexy size 4 or whatever, why the hell would I want it when I'm an "acceptable" size? I am an awesome person. I'm not perfect. No, I don't look like a model, so why would I want a man who would expect me to?? If a man cannot accept me and love me as I am and just encourage me to be the best me I can be, then I don't want him. It shouldn't matter what size I am, it should matter if I'm healthy, if I'm a good person, compassionate, loving, truthful, faithful. I'm a freakin warrior and I may get knocked down or sidetracked, but I ALWAYS get back up! I don't NEED a man; I got my life handled. It may not be perfect, but it's mine and I love it. IF there comes a time when there is a man in the picture, great. IF NOT, so freakin what? I will live.
So, enough, ok? I know I'm the girl that seems to be "terminally single" (I have called myself this a time or two, I think it's funny), but it doesn't mean that I'm doing this to get thin to attract a boyfriend, husband, lover, or whatever. Why do people think that's all a woman in her late 30s wants? Gotta get a man? Pft. A man will have to work to get ME. 
*mic drop*

So, yeah....who cares what the motivation is, right? I am currently workin my butt off at the gym AND at home. It gets me out of the house 3-4 days a week and it's making me happy to be working toward something awesome. I'm healthy, sure....but the older I get the more weight I will pack on if I don't get into a routine NOW and stick with it. Do I want a man? Well, yeah....I'm not dead nor am I prude. I want attention and affection from a man just like any other straight woman in the world. Am I trying to snag a husband? Hell no. I've been down that road TWICE before, not in a rush to do it again. A man would have to be pretty damn amazing to get me to marry for the 3rd time. Not that I'm swearing off marriage. Just not husband hunting. LOL Working out HAS helped my confidence, though, which I REALLY needed and it's about time,too. Sheesh. I was a depressing chick there for awhile. Yeah, it still gets me from time to time but I kick it's ass pretty quickly these days.

I guess my point is, whatever your motivation, inspiration, the kick in the butt to get you moving on the right track....it doesn't matter because in the end, you do what you need to do for YOU. Not anyone else. This is your life.

Live it YOUR WAY! Why? Because you'll love every minute of it....I sure as hell am!! You never know the surprises you may find along the way.... ;-)

Until next time....

loves y'all <3








No comments:

Post a Comment